DevOps Engineering Manager (m/f/div)
Would you like to be part of our success? As DevOps Engineering Manager (m/f/div) you will be part of our international team. Take responsibility for continually providing value to our customers.
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third-party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state-of-the-art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11 (Spring) and Node.js. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. Our development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
As DevOps Engineering Manager (m/f/div) you will be responsible for keeping our business processes running. Together with your team you ensure the security of our platform and maintain the availability of our services for our clients. As team lead you guide your team members and enable them to reach our company goals.
What will keep you challenged
- Lead and grow an interdisciplinary team of 4-8 engineers
- Conduct 1:1s, providing mentorship and feedback of current team members, making sure they have what they need to be successful
- Plan, direct and participate in activities of your DevOps Team to meet schedules and standards
- Cultivate and reinforce appropriate team values, norms and behaviors
- Identify and analyze problems, plans, tasks, and solutions
- Provide guidance on team and individual development, performance, and productivity issues
- Plan and prioritize daily tasks of the team, using judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices
Furthermore you will facilitate your team to fulfill their daily tasks, such as:
- Monitoring and alerting with a focus on business processes
- Managing the integration of 3rd parties like custodians banks
- Constantly improving the security of the platform
- Working on the Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery process
What we are looking for
As team lead you are a hands-on leader: You have a people management mindset, but are also known as someone who can roll up their sleeves to execute. You will be acting as a role model and motivating people in a collaborative environment. Additionally you meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in team leadership and a University degree or an equivalent education
- You have experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef or Puppet and worked with Linux and scripting languages like BASH, Python
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS is a plus
- You are fluent in English and ideally German
- As a highly reliable, structured and analytical person you have the ability to solve problems in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You never stop learning and are particularly passionate about technology
What will keep you happy
- An outstanding, highly motivated and international team that values a positive and open working environment – and a group of people who genuinely appreciate and support each other
- An inspiring momentum to reshape the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Everything you need to excel in your profession, backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors
- Enjoy an open corporate culture without dress code, with flexible working hours and remote office options
- Beautiful loft-style office, situated in bustling Prenzlberg just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz – a lunch and afterwork Dorado at your doorstep
- An employer that welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch.
More information about our team and your benefits you can find here.