Software Engineering Manager (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
About the technical stack: The platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 11 (Spring) and Node.js. Backend services communicate through Kafka. The backend communicates with frontend through Rest API. Data is stored in Postgres. Services run in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React. We use GitLab for source control and continuous integration. Our development process is based on Scrum with 2-week sprints.
Sounds interesting? We’re now looking for a Lead Software Engineer (m/f/div) to join our team at Elinvar.
What will keep you challenged?
- Lead and grow an interdisciplinary team of 4-8 engineers
- Conduct 1:1s, providing mentorship and feedback of current team members, making sure they have what they need to be successful
- Plan and direct and participate in activities of your engineering squad to meet schedules and standards
- Cultivate and reinforce appropriate team values, norms and behaviors
- Identify and analyze problems, plans, tasks, and solutions
- Provide guidance on team and individual development, performance, and productivity issues
- Plan and prioritize daily tasks of the team, using judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in team leadership
- In-depth, proven software engineering background for several years
- You are highly reliable, structured and analytical with the ability to solve problems in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A partly hands-on leader: You have a people management mindset, but are also known as someone who can roll up their sleeves to execute
- Acting as a role model and motivating people in a collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
What will keep you happy?
- An outstanding, highly motivated and international team that values a positive and open working environment - and a group of people who genuinely appreciate and support each other
- An inspiring momentum to reshape the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Everything you need to excel in your profession, backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors
- Enjoy an open corporate culture without dress code, with flexible working hours and remote office options
- Beautiful loft-style office, situated in bustling Prenzlberg just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz - a lunch and afterwork Dorado at your doorsteps
- An employer that welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch.